Masjid Al Athar
East Cobb Islamic Center
“Islam to Inspire, Educate and Serve the People”
We aim to Inspire people to faith and to increase in faith through Talks, Social Media, various Social Activities
We aim to Educate Muslims and non-Muslims, both young and old about the true Islamic teachings.
We aim to encourage the worship of Allah (Glory be to Him) and to Serve the community.
1. To call to the Quran and authentic Sunnah as understood by the Pious Predecessors, and to return to these two sources in all of our affairs. Any religious affair which has no basis in the Qur’an and authentic Sunnah is not from our religion.
2. To warn people against the evils of Shirk in all its forms and manifestations.
3. To promote the authentic Sunnah and encourage people to adhere to it in all of their affairs.
4. To warn people against innovation (Bid’ah) and its evils and harms.
5. To warn against ideologies and methodologies which are contrary to the Qur’an and Sunnah, including extremism in all its forms.
6. To follow the way of the Sunnah wa Jama'a ,understanding of the Qur’an & Sunnah, an as well as in issues of belief (‘Aqidah), worship and all other religious matters.
7. To love the Companions and defend them from those who would attack them.
8. To promote sound Islamic knowledge and encourage people to increase in their learning of the religion.
9. To facilitate the spread of Islamic knowledge through literature, lectures and conferences, as well as through the use of multimedia.
10. To develop a respect and attachment to the great scholars of the Sunnah, past and present.
11. To believe that the Qur’an is the uncreated speech of Allah.
12. To not declare any Muslim to be a disbeliever due to a major sin s/he may have committed.
13. To command the good and forbid the evil.
14. To teach, encourage, and promote high values and character.
15. To provide services for our Muslim sisters thereby allowing them to also learn their religion and increase in Iman.
16. To engage with the Muslim youth and mold them into practicing Muslims who are constructive members of society.
17. To call non-Muslims to Islam and show them the beauty of this religion.
18. To encourage Muslims to worship Allah and increase in their Iman.
Masjid Al- Athar is
“Islamic Faith in the Hearts of the People”.
Our vision highlights our wish for everyone among mankind to worship our Lord Allah alone (Glory be to Him) according to the teachings of His Messenger Muhammad (Peace be upon him)